The keys to a successful set-up
A guide for new arrivals
Our guide for new arrivals lists useful tips and advice for a successful set-up. You will find all the information you need to guide you through the process, as well as useful addresses and contacts.
In terms of employment, the Lyon metropolitan area is a major employment area, and unemployment is among the lowest in France. There are many job opportunities, especially in the region’s most dynamic sectors: industry, health, digital technologies etc.
The Lyon region covers all educational needs, from nursery school to university, including several with international programmes for children from foreign countries, with dual nationality or who are bilingual. Each year, our international schools guide lists all the establishments to help you make your choice.
Finally, several structures offer services to newcomers, to make settling in easier and to enable them to make connections.
Here are some useful addresses:
For foreign employees living in the Rhone county, holders of a "Passport Talent" visa and their families, but also employees on secondment, it provides simplified access and reduced delays for entry.
Formalities and financial support for your project
An overview of the formalities and possible financing opportunities in the Lyon region to guarantee your project’s success.
Our services for professionals setting up a business in the Lyon region.
For all your needs, you can count on the help of our teams and partners before, during and after your arrival.
Do you have a project to set up your business or transfer your activity to our territory?
We have developed tailor-made services to support you, your family, as well as your employees and their families during the early days of your set-up.
Examples of solutions:
- On arrival in the region, help with administrative procedures, putting you in touch with the right structures, etc.
- We work in close collaboration with relocation professionals in Lyon and its region. Some twenty specialised companies manage the mobility of employees and their families (help finding accommodation, school registration, etc.).
- Our services Mobility of employees
- Presentation of the job market, advice on labour law, coordination of job interviews to recruit your team and referral of spouses to recruiting companies.
- Our services Human Resources
Once you have set up in the Greater Lyon, area, our teams will continue to support the development of your company and your projects.
- All across the Lyon metropolitan area, we have a privileged contact person who can answer your questions, guide you, and provide you with support.
- International Relations: benefit from our international networks and our expertise for the development of your projects.