From advice about labour law to setting up job interviews, our Human Resources Unit can assist you with a key step in the process of setting up your business: recruiting your team.
Hiring your employees: we’re here to help, every step of the way
With more than 131,000 companies established and nearly 16,000 jobs created per year and an unemployment rate of 7.9 % (September 2019)—one of the lowest in France—Lyon and the surrounding area are the second largest economic powerhouse in France.
This means the conditions are just right for finding qualified staff to join your company. Don’t have the time or expertise to take care of it yourself?
Rely on our HR specialists, who can help you find your future employees during the various stages of setting up your business:
- Introducing you to the job market in your sector (salary range, key data)
- Advice about labour law aspects
- Assistance in recruiting applicants (sourcing, profile selection, organising interview days on our premises)
- Helping employees’ spouses find work
This integrated service, the only one of its kind in France, is based on a long-term partnership with the national employment agency, and has been in place for more than 10 years.
Facilitating the hiring process by connecting recruiters with job applicants
Our Human Resources Unit acts as a facilitator for companies, especially non-French companies, which are unfamiliar with the job market in France, and more specifically in the local area. Our job is to precisely match a company’s skills requirements with the available supply, within the legal framework.
We also put recruiters in touch with the various stakeholders in the local area:
- Private HR firms and head hunters ;
- The national employment agency (Pôle Emploi) ;
- Schools ;
- Local employment agencies (Maison de l’Emploi et de la Formation) ;
- Local organisations, and more.
The “International Talent Service”, unique in France, was set up by the Rhone Prefecture, Métropole de Lyon, CCI Lyon Métropole Saint-Etienne Roanne and Aderly, in 2018. It streamlines and facilitates the arrival of expats by simplifying access and reducing the time needed for relocation procedures. For any requests concerning this service, go to: mobilité@investinlyon.com.
Human resources unit: a few key figures
- Involvement in more than 100 business proposals, from decision-making support to recruitment assistance for 56 of them
- Assistance with 118 recruitments
- Assistance with 11 job searches for spouses
In 2015, BAUR decided to relocate its French subsidiary from Paris to the Lyon region, in Rillieux-la-Pape. In terms of HR, the objective was to rebuild almost the entire team. The Human Resources Unit was able to attract and contact applicants who we probably wouldn’t have found on our own. Next, we finalised the wording of the job ads and then preselected the profiles that matched our expectations.
André Matile, Managing Director of Baur France
Your dedicated specialist