In the Lyon metropolitan area, you’ll find a wide range of high quality, modern and historical facilities, several of which have an eco-responsible approach, offering meeting rooms, unique venues for galas, accommodation solutions, and more. You’ll also find all the resources and the service providers to help you organize your sustainable event.
From business seminars to international conventions, we have solutions for all of your events
France’s #2 city for meetings according to the ICCA 2019 rankings, Lyon is a top-notch destination for hosting successful events of all sizes.
In all, 176 meeting spaces are available to you.
- Cité Centre de Congrès de Lyon – The Lyon Convention Centre and its 25,000 m2 including an amphitheatre with seating for 3,000 people (certified ISO 20121, the standard for sustainable events);
- Eurexpo Lyon – France’s leading exhibitions venue after Paris with a surface area of 140,000 m2 (certified ISO 20121);
- The Halle Tony Garnier, with a floor area of 17,000 m2;
- The Espace Tête d’Or – The conference centre has 2,400 m2 of modular floor space.
The local area offers more than 18,200 rooms of all types to accommodate your speakers and participants.
Accommodation with an environmentally sustainable approach
Free assistance for organising your events
Our business travel specialists will provide you with comprehensive, tailored solutions to organise your event.
Their main goal? Helping you plan your event, regardless of its size or target audience or your logistical or technical constraints:
- support and advice ;
- assistance with applications ;
- putting you in touch with the business travel professionals of the Lyon metropolitan area ;
- calls for bids from member venues and service providers ;
- providing tools: documentation, photo library.
These event planning specialists, who know the local area and its logistics, hotel and tourism advantages inside and out, have also designed tools to help you develop your projects:
- A bilingual guidebook for organisers, which presents Lyon and all it has to offer to business travellers
- A business magazine featuring news about infrastructure and event planning in the Lyon metropolitan area
- A complete toolkit to promote your event and useful information for your participants: handy apps and links, communication tools, bulk documentation requests, etc.
Because we wish to encourage more sustainable business tourism, we offer you solutions to curb its environmental impacts.
Discover in detail the tools and service providers you can call upon for your sustainable event project.
Putting on an environmentally sustainable event in the Lyon metropolitan area
Contact our staff at the Convention Bureau and put their event planning expertise to work for you!
Your dedicated specialist