The local authorities in the Lyon region and their partners work together with the same goal: the well-balanced development of the local area. This means sharing expertise, but it also means public and private partnerships and investment to support research and projects.
Together for balanced regional development
Together, the economic governance partners share their vision, skills and driving forces to ensure balanced development of the region.
Research and development, like urban projects, benefit directly from this partnership-based approach, which makes public and private investment possible.
The hallmark of the Lyon metropolitan area is this ability to work together.
Regional economic governance
Based on the capacity of its players to come together and mobilize for the long run, the Lyon metropolitan area’s regional economic governance is a decisive asset.
Since 2003, 6 founding partners have been involved in the regional economic governance:
On a daily basis, this economic governance enhances the Lyon metropolitan area’s vitality, as demonstrated by the success of the following initiatives:
- ONLYLYON, the collective programme for promoting Lyon around the world
- LYVE, the community of Lyon-based entrepreneurs and the people who advise them
- ENE (digital business space), an association that helps the SMEs and VSEs of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes develop their use of digital technologies to boost their development
- Lyon Pacte PME, with the mobilisation of key accounts for the development of SMEs, VSE and startups
- Révèl&Vous, a programme that brings the worlds of business and professional integration closer together
Governance promoting the area’s attractiveness: ONLYLYON
Since 2007, the ONLYLYON collective programme has worked:
- to promote the Lyon metropolitan area,
- to mobilize the area’s socioeconomic players in collective actions.
The 12 partners, founding members of ONLYLYON:
- Lyon Area Economic Development Agency (Aderly)
- Aéroports de Lyon
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Lyon Métropole Saint-Étienne Roanne
- Rhône Chamber of Trades and Crafts
- Cité Lyon Convention Centre
- Rhône Confederation of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (CPME)
- Eurexpo Lyon
- Lyon Métropole
- Lyon-Rhône MEDEF (union of employers)
- Lyon Métropole Tourist Office
- University of Lyon
- City of Lyon.