Located right in the centre of the triangle between Lyon, Chambéry and Grenoble and in the immediate vicinity of the Lyon-Saint Exupéry International Airport, the urban community of Porte de l’Isère (CAPI) is a prime location for businesses in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes. A unique, manageable-sized local area, where city, industry and countryside coexist in harmony. It’s the second largest economic and urban centre in Isère, and, thanks to its business opportunities, supply of land and real estate and the services it offers, it's got everything you need to set up your business successfully.
- 22 municipalities
- 107,500 inhabitants (29% of the population is under age 20)
- 6,600 companies
- 47,500 jobs
40 economic activity parks representing 2000 hectares
- 4 centres conducting research in concrete and cement, representing 80% of private R&D (Lafarge Holcim, Vicat, Kerneos, Parex Group and more)
- 1.1 billion euros in market potential in energy renovation of buildings
- 1,200 jobs in the construction materials sector
Access and connections
- Motorway access (A43): 30 minutes from Lyon, 1 hour from Grenoble
- 4 express train stations: Saint-Quentin-Fallavier, La Verpillière, L’isle d’Abeau and Bourgoin-Jallieu
- 1 international airport: Lyon-Saint Exupéry
- 1 high-speed train station
- 7 carpooling parking facilities and 5 car-share stations
- 2 intercompany travel plans (PDIE): Chesnes International Business Park and Isère Technology Park
A welcoming area, thanks to its business parks and centres
- Chesnes International Business Park: 13,000 employees, Saint-Quentin-Fallavier and Satolas-et-Bonce, the leading land transport logistics centre in France and the 3rd largest in Europe (nearly 2 million sq. metres of logistics hubs), featuring leading industrial facilities, including Valéo, Martinet and Radiall.
- Isère Technology Park: Villefontaine and Vaulx-Milieu, 14.5 hectares starting at 1,500 sq. metres for cutting-edge activities (industrial and service)
- Maladière Business Park: Bourgoin-Jallieu, for industrial, commercial and service activities.
- Médipôle: Bourgoin-Jallieu, 20,000 sq. metres available; the leading healthcare centre in North Isère featuring four hospitals, numerous services (medical and paramedical), as well as offices and shops.
- The Village: a designer brand village, 21,000 sq. metres, 125 shops.
An area driven by key sectors
- Electronics, IT, telecommunications
- Sustainable construction, materials and surfaces
- Healthcare and pharmaceuticals
- Renewable energies
These companies chose the urban community of Porte de l’Isère (CAPI)
- Chanut Entreprise
- Lafarge Holcim
- Moulin TP
- Parex Group
- Schneider Electrics
- Xella Thermopierre
- XPO Logistics
Map of CAPI
22 municipalities of CAPI
- L’Isle d’Abeau
- La Verpillière
- Les Éparres
- Saint Alban de Roche